Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Spain's National Strike

Today I'm embarrassed to be living in Spain.
Today the entire country of Spain went on strike. A pre-planned national strike which was planned 5 months ago. I am not quite sure all of the reasons for the strike but the basic gist is: people are mad at the government.
When they first announced the strike I asked how affective is this strike going to be if its pre-planned months in advance? Then after today I am still asking -what did you strikers accomplish today?
I'll tell you what you accomplished today:

  • You terrorized your own city streets
  • spray painted businesses and buildings
  • threw trash everywhere and knocked over garbage and recycling bins
  • burned police cars and caused riots
  • threw rocks at cars that passed trying to go to work
  • threw rocks at businesses that opened today
  • You took away peoples rights by preventing your neighbors from going to work because they couldn't lose a days pay by striking
  • You paralized your cities transportation networks so your neighbors couldn't get to work and make the much needed money
  • You probably cost millions of euros in damages that I, the tax payer will have to pay for
  • You probably spent millions in flyers, posters and propaganda promoting your strike that I, as a tax payer will have to pay for. 

Strikers: you are so mad at the government for the "crisis, no jobs, no money".
Well today you made it worse by:
- preventing people from working and putting their jobs at risk
- people in much of need of money lost a days pay
- and these same people will now have to pay more taxes to cover the millions of euros in damages you caused and for the promotion of your attacks and rioting.
Does this really make sense to anyone?

It's embarrassing.

1 comment:

  1. TIENES Toda La Razón Cuñá ! . La Constitución de Nuestro País dados Que Derecho es la Huelga de la ONU .... Pero es also sin Derecho no hacerla . Lo vergonzoso Que es Que es Mas del 50 Por Ciento de los Españoles Que hicieron Huelga , la hicieron Bajo coacción y ESO .... No es ni Libertad y Democracia NI . Creo Que Con this Huelga hemos retrocedido de Nuevo en El Tiempo al estilo de Época de ESE dictador Que nep tuvo yugo Su bajo. Por suerte Yo trabajé y ejercí mi Derecho Ponerme un NO EN HUELGA .
    Besos guapa .
    Natalia

    ReplyDelete