Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rehearsal Dinner- Island Style

Once again I had a rehearsal dinner with no rehearsal. I think we need to think of a good name to call the dinner the night before a wedding, when you don't have a rehearsal. So until we do I will continue to call it a rehearsal dinner and this is how it went.....
We had a good ole American BBQ Potluck, with hamburgers, a wide range of salads, chips, cookies, bud light and wine. We had the Kellogg family, Freimuth family and Fernandez Quintanilla family in attendance. This was family time before the reception that all the families could finally meet. Not sure how everyone did with their spanish but I think everyone had fun.
The day started out cloudy and remained that way until the good old cocktail hour, when the sun broke out (for the last time) and we all enjoyed a nice evening.
Our wine bar with wine expert Ryan
Mari Carmen's famous tortilla
The newlyweds ready for round 2
Mari Carmen getting her baby time with Lilly
All the families together
Kellogg's
Campfire
After everyone left, the busy wedding elves got to work putting together all the flowers. All the flowers were home grown in various yards around town! The vases were all jars we had been collecting the past year (pickles jars, mayo jars, ice tea jars ect.), the beads in the bottom of the vases my mom and dad had already a collection and the blue vase was my mom's. I really wanted to make this "homemade" as possible,  saving money is fun, I'm a Freimuth!

My flower elves

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED your flowers by the way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! lucky that we had so many since it was a late summer. but that meant the lillys were late and we could enjoy them

    ReplyDelete