Saturday, December 5, 2009

Visiting Doctor Mateo

Lastres, Asturias
views from the streets of Lastres

Sunday evenings have become tradition in our house. Every Sunday at 10:30, we order Domino's pizza and watch Doctor Mateo. It is a tv show set in the small town of Lastres, Asturias, and is about a doctor who was a surgeon in New York but left because of his blood phobia and is now the town doctor in Lastres. It is a great show and better because it is set in Asturias- I love it. Each week I understand more and more without the use of subtitles! I'm getting good!
So when we went to Asturias we had to go visit Lastres and find Doctor Mateo's house and Tom's bar! The town is adorable, built into the hillside over the ocean so everyone has amazing views. It has narrow cobblestone streets and cute houses. We hiked around the streets until we found Mateo's house and the bar. The bar is really an abandoned building, nothing there, but I'm sure someone will put a bar there soon.
I feel like a super Mateo fan now that we went and stalked the town!

Tom's bar (abandoned building)
Tom's bar with great views of the water
Dr. Mateo's house
Streets in the town
Looking down on the town

No comments:

Post a Comment