Monday, August 22, 2011

Living the Life in Long Beach, CA

After three days in Seattle we headed down to Long Beach to visit my sister, cousin and see my mom who was also down there. Pablo had never been to California and so one of these days we had to go to L.A. and now was the time. We had good weather and did some many fun things. Thanks to our hosts Laura and Julie for such a great time!
Arrival in Long Beach (the best airport)
On the BEACH!
Pablo in the Pacific
Laura BBQing us some shrimp
The second day in Long Beach we had a great brunch at Laura's house with fruity mimosas and watched the US women's World Cup Final game. I had been out of the loop when it came to women's soccer and the World Cup because surprisenly Spain's women didn't qualify (the men won the world cup last year). So I was excited to watch the game. Pablo played devils advocate and rooted for Japan.
Singing the National Anthem before the game
After a hard loss by the US women's soccer team
After the game we decided we needed to be cheered up so Laura took us to do water bikes through the Naples canal in Long Beach. It was a hot, sunny day and it was a lot of fun to ride around looking at all the huge and expensive houses. But we decided we didn't want to live there because they are crammed in like sardines!
 SISSYS!
The cousins
Isn't my mother lovely (look at the t-shirt)

Laura's lime tree- she saved the limes for me and I'm picking it
Pablo and I took some beach cruisers and spent the afternoon in Long Beach. We rode our bikes from the shopping area on 2nd street down to the marina in Long Beach. We had quite an adventure getting down to the marina though. We decided mid-way through the trip to take a dip in the water. Well 30 seconds into the water something attacked the top of my foot and it hurt like a b*&%$. When I got out of the water it was bleeding and burned really bad but we had no idea what it was. I called Laura and she told me to go to the lifeguard and get a bandaid. Pablo thought I was a big baby but he went with me to the lifeguard. I was really hoping for a baywatch moment (cute lifeguard) but we got a girl lifeguard and she wasn't too bright! But at least she had a band aid to stop the bleeding!
Before entering into the water
The lifeguard putting a band-aid on
The spot I sat in for an hour waiting for the pain to go away
Pablo and the bikes (Oil rig island in the background)
After the afternoon adventure on the beach we headed to my mom's condo for the sunset show and dinner.
sunset from the balcony
Freimuth Girls watching the sunset
Breaking up the famous lime for vodka tonics!

1 comment:

  1. Your next visit to California MUST be San Francisco!!
    -Corrie

    ReplyDelete