Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween and Octoberfest

Pablo's Happy Place
Sausages!
Big Tent

Pablo's second beer!
Plaza de Toros (It is a really pretty building even though they kill bulls there)


OLE!


Halloween was the day to celebrate the important October holidays- Halloween and Octoberfest. I saw on the news that there was a beer festival happening the weekend of Halloween in Madrid. (See....... I'm getting good, I can understand the important things on the news!)
The beer festival was in the Plaza de Toros aka bull rings, which I had not been to before. I figure beer festival was a great reason to go to the bull ring since I'll never go there to watch a bull fight! In the middle of the ring they put up a huge tent and inside the tent they had music, food, people cutting logs, long, communal tables and beer. It reminded us of Munich and in Munich Pablo found his favorite spot in the whole world- the HofbrauHaus. Therefore, this tent was everything Pablo could ever dream of and it was in Madrid! They even served beer in 1 Liter mugs and had sausages. Pablo's absolute dream!
So we headed straight for the beer and each got a liter mug- yes I'm a bad-ass and drank the whole thing! We ate sausages, fries, watched the interesting people and enjoyed our afternoon.
After getting completely full on beer we headed back home to start the second part of holiday celebration and carved our pumpkin that Pablo's dad gave us from his garden. I think it turned out so cute too. We cooked dinner and had some orange colored drinks to round out the evening. I tried very hard to stay up and watch the Duck game and only manage to make it through the first quarter but we killed USC and that is all that matters!

Carving Time!
I have to do the dirty work

Pablo's masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment