After a long two-week break from the bikes, my brain got a little fuzzy and I didn't realize until we got to the trail that I forgot to wear my diapers aka padded spandex shorts. Fear immediately entered Pablo's mind, he got mad and thought the day was shot but then he forgot that I don't have boy parts and I'm a lot stronger so I can bear the pain. Plus, I was promised this was an easy trail with a definite end.
Our bike trail took us through two small towns, passing a pretty dry landscape with few trees, small hills and lots of dirt. We really appreciated Asturias and Washington a lot more after this ride. It was a nice easy ride until the path turned into grass, then plowed fields, then bushes, small trees.... and I said no more, this is not the trail and we turned around.
In the distance we saw this mountain side with little caves all over the side of it so we headed that way. We found that there was another bike trail below the caves so we hiked up to the path, left our bikes and hiked up to see the caves. The caves were the highlight of the adventure! We had a pretty good hike up and down and searching all the holes and small caves. We aren't sure how they got there or if they had a purpose but they were pretty cool.
After our cave expedition we turned around and headed back to the car, stopping for our picnic along the way. We ended up only doing 26 km (16 miles) but we got in a nice hike and saw some cool caves so it was worth it.
View from inside the cave
No comments:
Post a Comment