The wounds
Monday, June 8, 2009
Watch out for Man Holes!
The day after we arrived home we planned to spend a relaxing day at home doing nothing! We knew a man was coming at 9am to start the air conditioning but we thought it would be quick and Pablo could handle it....but that wasn't the case. Loud talking Spanish man arrived at 8:50am and had to go in every room to fix the ac and insisted on talking at the top of his lungs on the phone every five minutes. So we all woke up early. Pablo had to go to his last physical therapy appointment at 10:45 and I was left with AC man because he still wasn't done. Ac man finally finished at 11:45 and needed Pablo to sign some papers before he could leave. He wasn't home yet so I called to ask how much longer he would be and his response to me was... I fell, I'm here with the police waiting for the ambulance! I freaked out and had no idea what happened because he didn't explain very well and said he was fine. I knew he was close because the doctor was just around the corner so I freaked out to the ac man who didn't seem to care nor understand what I was saying but finally left. Then I ran to find Pablo. When I found him, he was surrounded by police and an ambulance was there. His back was to me and I went up to him and the police officer goes....hola? I said this is my boyfriend!! They were wrapping one of his legs in gauze and the other leg had a big bump on his shin. Then I saw what happened... He was walking home from the doctor, stepped on the top of a man hole, it wasn't secure, it flipped up and he fell, both feet in up to his waist. Now these holes which are entrances to water pipes, sewer and phone lines are covered with an extremely heavy lid and I have no idea how he could have fell in by stepping on it...but he did....only Pablo! And he did it walking home from his physical therapy appointment for a herniated disc in his back! Lucky for him it wasn't very deep or he could have fallen all the way in! His shins swelled up a bit but it is nothing serious. He now just has some big gashes that will take awhile to heal. It was quite a scare at first but pretty funny after. I like to remind him every 5 minutes he fell in a man hole!
The wounds
The wounds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment