Pablo has three weeks free from work because he is lucky so we headed up to Asturias to visit Pablo's parents and to celebrate the festival of San Juan. I have never been to San Juan so I was very excited to see all the festivities. All week there are concerts, carnival games and rides, out-door bars and parades. Then everything ends with a fireworks show and a big bonfire. I believe there is a bonfire to celebrate witches but I have no idea...I have to look that one up!
Left Madrid for greener pastures

View from top of the pass

The outdoor bars called Chiringuitos

Bars at night

Lights that decorate the streets- sidra man!

Picnic with the family
The masterpiece Paella bbq over open fire

Family- Pablo's sister Natalia and her boyfriend and his parents

Our picnic spot

Card time- betting money of course

Day of the bonfire

Bonfire

Fireworks

No comments:
Post a Comment