Saturday, May 8, 2010

ACB Basketball Game

Pablo scored some free tickets to a Real Madrid basketball game so we went to enjoy some real sports- none of this futbol stuff! :)
The stadium was in our old neighborhood so it was fun to drive by our old stomping grounds. The stadium is really a bull ring that they also use for basketball so the seats are in a big circle around the court. We were lucky and got some pretty good tickets 3 rows back.
We had a little trouble finding our seats and maybe this is how they do it in bull rings but we had seats 1 & 2 and you would assume they are at the end of the row right? Wrong! They are actually in the middle of the row. I sat in seat 1 and next to me was seat 16 and seat 2. This is the spanish way!
Sitting next to me was this cute group of old ladies, probably 60-70 years old. I thought, oh isn't that cute, they have a nice group to go to the games, no husbands just ladies. Well, once the game started they weren't nice little ladies anymore. They started screaming at the refs, complaining about every call, every missed basket, anything they could yell out they did. At first it was funny but when it continued for the whole game it became a little insane.
Then to the left of me was this crazy man who also YELLED the entire time and everything that happened was wrong. He was with a group of guys and not one of them said a word. Not sure if they were embarrassed of their friend or what but he was crazy.
I tried to enjoy the game by rooting for all the Americans on each team. There were like 6 total and even one Canadian! Next time I'm bringing my American flag!
The game was pretty much a blow out until the end when Real Madrid came back to make it interesting but they still lost. Once the final buzzer rang and the crazy, screaming people to my left and right left I sat there thinking, wow I need a strong drink. That was two hours of non-stop anger issues I just witnessed. These people had some real problems and took it out on the court. I guess better there than on people but being surrounded by that much negative energy is draining!


Our secret shots of the crazy ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment