
Nachos!!!

We celebrated Cinco de Mayo in Mieres since it was the week we were up to work on the last of the wedding stuff. Once again the week was draining, rushing to get everything done and running in to more problems. I told everyone the week before that I wanted to cook some mexican food for dinner to celebrate Cinco do Mayo and after the week we were having I wasn't much in the mood but in the end I was so glad I did.
My spanish family didn't know anything about what Cinco de Mayo was and hadn't really eaten Mexican food before. Pablo's mom really likes fajitas so I decided to cook chicken fajitas, nachos and drink corona (it's called coronita in spain because corona means crown and because spain has a royal family corona is trademarked by the royal family so they changed the name to coronita).
Pablo and I went to the big grocery store, which I call Fred Meyer, and checked out the international food aisle. Everytime I look at the mexican food here I get a little sad because it is so expensive and its all Old El Paso. The salsa and guacamole don't taste that great and the size of the tortilla chips bag is so small but it was Cinco de Mayo so we went for it!
Pablo and I cooked the dinner and made a huge batch of nachos. The corona's tasted amazing with lime, not lemon as they serve it here, and the fajitas were perfect! It was just what I needed after another stressful week- some good old fashion comfort food mexican style!

No comments:
Post a Comment