Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mommy is here!

My mom finally arrived to Madrid to care of me! She is the first of my American guests to arrive. She came early to calm my nervous and help get me organized and help me get all the last minute things under control. It has been fun to finally show someone in my family where I live, where I go and what I see here in Madrid.
We visited Pablo at work, toured around the city center, enjoyed tapas and wine and took a walking tour of my neighborhood, Las Tablas.
Also, it was the festival of San Isidro the first week that she was here. It is a Madrid festival that takes place every year in our old neighborhood. So we took my mom there so she could see where I lived the first time in Madrid and how they do Spanish carnivals.

Plaza Colon (Columbus)- Where Pablo works
Bridge that crosses the river to our old neighborhood
Pablo wearing the typical hat
Rosquillas- typical sweet for San Isidro
Goya needs beer too
Hot Dogs
Food stands


1 comment:

  1. I love festivals! I might have to come for that next year ;)

    ReplyDelete