
Yesterday I told Pablo I was excited to go home and eat Taco Del Mar. Mexican food is the one thing I miss when I am here because at home I could eat it every day of the week. Now a lot of people think Spanish food and Mexican food are the same but they are totally different. Pablo had no idea what a burrito, nachos, fajita, enchilada, taco, guacamole or sour cream was before he met me. I took Pablo to Taco del Mar for big burritos so he knew what it was and decided to look it up online to see the locations. I was surprised they are all over the US (I thought they were a northwest thing because they have all those cheesy commercials with local actors) but they aren't any in Europe. Then I thought the chances would be way better for a Taco Bell to be here in Madrid so we looked that up as well. We couldn't find it on the website but Pablo found a blog that said there was one in a mall by where we used to live. We looked up islazul online and there it was TACO BELL in Madrid! I haven't had taco bell probably since college but the idea of Nachos supreme and a soft taco sounded amazing! So we left at 10:30 pm for the mall and when we arrived I saw it...shiny and new and American! I walked in the front door and was met by a pop fountain with FREE REFILLS and I almost died! It was just like America except they were out of beans...I almost cried a little but I had tortilla chips with fake cheese and I was happy!
This is very random but i'm planning a trip to madrid all the way from scotland with 2 friends, just so we can get some taco bell!
ReplyDeletecheers for the post, i can't wait to find it :D.
Should i learn spanish before i go? i know a little latin american spanish.