Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Carving Party

This year we decided to have a pumpkin carving party with our friends and their kids. So I made evites (still trying to get evite to catch on here but still the spanish can't figure it out! But I'm going to keep trying) We hit up the local dollar store and went crazy buying Halloween decorations. I was having too many fond memories of my childhood Halloween and how we decorated our house so we had to recreate the fun! We bought tons of tapas, drinks, candy and of course our pumpkins. I made pumpkin bars and we tried to keep our food in the theme of orange or red (blood!). We told everyone to bring their own pumpkin and dress up.
The kids that came were around 7, 3, 3, and 2 years old. They ended up terrorizing our house and stayed upstairs while the parents got really into carving their pumpkins downstairs. I believe this was the first time they carved pumpkins so it was pretty funny. They really didn't like the smell of the pumpkins and asked if they always smelled like that- I thought that was funny.
In the end it was a success and hopefully they all had fun and maybe someone else will host the party next year! HA!
Zombie Pablo and his zombie dog
Carving

My pumpkin
Scary huh?
The pumpkins
The crew
Self portraits after everyone left!

No comments:

Post a Comment