October 12 is a national holiday in Spain. I'm not really sure what they celebrate but they have a big military parade in Madrid so I'm thinking they celebrate the military and Spain. The parade is on tv, the king, queen and royal family are there and every military department is represented in the parade. It was very interesting seeing some of the unique or specialized military departments, especially the ones from Africa (Spain has two states in northern Africa and used to have many more colonies). One group stood out because their uniforms are very unique and they march very fast. Plus they have a goat as a mascot and he was running along side to try and keep up!
Check out a video of the fast walkers and the goat!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LjskiaSNgE
They also have a variety of different airplanes and helicopters do a fly over.
Because it is a holiday Pablo and I didn't work so we decided to wake up early, watch the parade and I cooked brunch. We were traditional Spanish people and drank a vermouth at 10:30 in the morning with our olives! Lucky for us we could see all the planes fly over from our patio so Pablo had his camera ready to get all the action.
I tried out a new recipe for brunch and made egg and sausage "muffins"- they are cooked in my cupcake pan. They turned out pretty good so I was proud of myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment