Monday, September 28, 2009

Packing.....again

I have finally started packing for what feels like the 500th time. I leave Thursday at 8am for Madrid. I am taking a different route this time because I couldn't pass up a cheap ticket but that means longer travel time.
I fly to Toronto, 5 hour layover, on to Madrid. I am hoping to bring my bike along so that adds more stress of oversized, weird, luggage. I hope it makes it there since I'll be paying a lot for it. But this is for Pablo and all his nagging so he better appreciate it.
I hope next time I write it will be from Madrid which will mean I made it through passport control and with all my luggage. (going back a little earlier then is allowed by law so we'll see!)
Tonight I had one last drive around downtown and I felt like it was an end of an era. I helped my dad pack his house today. He is officially moving to Kirkland and leaving his downtown apartment. So now that I have officially left my very much loved Queen Anne apartment and my dad is now leaving his, I realize when I come back in December I won't be going downtown, back to my old neighborhood, for any reason. I feel like my connection to my old life, my beautiful city, is slowing but surely slipping away and is very much a sad feeling.
Sometimes I struggle to remember everything I am gaining after giving so much away......

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful life waiting for you in Espana! I'll be checking daily until I know they didn't kick you out! BESOS

    ReplyDelete