Monday, September 14, 2009

Found THE dress!

Today I found my wedding dress and it is unreal! Today's appointment was number 4 and before I went I was getting pretty tired of the whole thing. It is fun to try on pretty dresses but I can't make decisions, I like parts of dresses and not others, and I realized early on I won't be having that 'On my, this is the dress' and everyone cries. (a girl did that today next to me)
So I get to the bridal shop and have this lady who talks about how great she is on finding dresses and all her experience and blah, blah. Then I pick out 6 dresses to try on and then she finds more after she reads me and figures out what I like, how I think, what my job is, what my hobbies are and how I use my brain. So while I'm trying on dresses, consultant lady sits and tells my mom my personality and how I go about things because at this point she has figured out that apparently I'm left and right brained so that means I can't make a decisions. I'm totally being profiled by the bridal lady and I feel like I'm getting free therapy.
I swear I try on 500 dresses and I start getting hot, tired and stressed because I am not having the Ah-ha moment which I know I wont' have. I finally narrow it down to the first two dresses I try on. One of the two was my favorite dress from another place I went to the week before but when I tried it on here it looked completely different and I looked old. SO WEIRD! So that left one dress that had all I was looking for so I stand in the mirror for like ever and then all of sudden we were buying it. I started freaking out! I am more of a go home think about it person but no... we were buying and I panic. Is this the right one? Do I look pretty? This is WAY too expensive I can't do it. Oh my god buying this dress means I am really getting married. It is so expensive I have to get married for real! oh my.
But now it is done!
I have had 4 hours to think about it, print pictures of it off the internet and digest. Now and I am happy. It is what I had in my mind from the very beginning. I'm a planner so something completely different wasn't going to happen even though I found a lot of really pretty dresses that looked good, I always returned to my original vision. So hopefully I had the right idea and look good on the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment