Friday, May 1, 2009

Made it to Madrid


I finally arrived to Madrid! It was a long flight to London and then a little jump to Madrid. Luckily, all my flights went well and I made it to Madrid on time with all my luggage. Pablo gave me the grand tour of our new apartment and it is really nice. I can't wait until he goes back to work on Monday and I can start rearranging everything! I will post pictures soon. After the tour we took a walk around our neighborhood. We live in the suburbs for sure. Every block has a playground, day care, preschool or elementary school. It makes me a little nervous! :) This area is very new and a lot of the apartments don't have residents but it is up and coming. We found an Asturian bar that has 1 euro caƱas!(see picture) Those are little beers plus you get a free tapa with your drink so I think it is a really good deal! Very spanish and that is what I came here for! ha ha. This weekend is supposed to be sunny and in the mid-70's! Summer has arrived in Madrid!

4 comments:

  1. Pablo is trying to tell you something by choosing an apartment in the suburbs with all the day cares and preschools and such! I can't wait for the Spanish babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! he is ready....too bad he has to wait. I think it would be best if the kids parents could be in the same country for more than 3 months at a time first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! kelly and pablo babies, cant wait! i'm glad you made it there safely and i cant wait to see all that you'll be up to! yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm sure that it would help nudge the visa process if you had a child in the country ;)

    ReplyDelete