Friday, May 8, 2009

First week in Madrid

I have survived my first week Madrid! :) I am all settled in the new apartment and did as much organizing and decorating as Pablo would let me! Everyday he comes home looking for something I changed. I tried to help him with his hoarding issue but had to compromise and let him keep his 3 boxes full of junk and randomness.
The apartment has been great so far. I think it is a good mix of spanish and american. American as in we have a dishwasher, washer and dryer, full size shower/bathtub, air conditioning, big fridge, parking spaces in garage, 24 hour door man. Spanish as in, you can hear all your neighbors (people above us have a cat with some issues because it moans very oddly- sounds like someone is killing it), the bathroom smells weird, bidet, lines to dry clothes even though there is a dryer, small elevator. :)
The neighborhood is great too. More and more stores are opening and we are finding new places like the butcher and new bars. We found a great running/bike trail that goes all around. I have already gone jogging three times. It will be a good place to keep up my jogging except I have to either do it in the morning or at night because it gets hot. Our view looks out onto the shared park area and I like to watch all the dogs and people. It is amazing how many people have dogs around here.
The weather has been quite warm for me so I have only been down a few times to lay out and read my book. The pool doesn't open until June 15.
Right now I have resumed my house-wife duties- cleaning, doing laundry and cooking. I'm not sure how much longer this will last but it gives me something to do. I even have my telenovela (soap opera) I watch almost everyday. I'm so spanish! I can't really understand the tv but we always have on subtitles in spanish and that helps me a lot more.
This coming week we plan to go to asturias to visit Pablo's family and the 15th starts the San Isidro festival. Not sure what it all means but we are going to go check it out. It is in the park which is behind our old apartment so we get to go back and visit the old neighborhood.

Tapas y CaƱas on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment