Thursday, December 19, 2013

Canicross- Mentrida

Last race of 2013 and we made it a family day! The race was in the town of Mentrida about 50 minutes from our house. When I googled the town to see if it was cute, I learned they make their own wine and I immediately said yes we will go with you honey! Usually, we bring a picnic lunch but because this race was on a special day I said we need to make this a date day and stay after and have lunch. December 15, 2001 Pablo and I met in a very classy bar in Oviedo and every year we try and do a little something to remember that day. We enjoyed a nice sunny day and watched Pablo and Goonie run their 3 mile race. They finished around 43 out of 75 runners. They did great! AFter, we walked around the town, stopping at a few bars to try out this town wine and we were surprised it was pretty good. We even bought a gallon of it to take home and it only cost 6 euros! Love this stuff! We had a great steak lunch and Gabriela took a little nap so we were a happy family.
Team shot before the race
And they're off

Runnin & havin fun
Home stretch
crossing the finish
Us 12 years later
The town's wine and water fountain- too bad it wasn't working!
The champion
Wine from the pueblo- all this for 1.60
lunch with more pueblo wine
first course
Our angel woke up from her nap

No comments:

Post a Comment