The monitors consist of being hooked up to two things, one monitors the baby's heart beat and I thought the other one checked contractions but I didn't understand very well. I am supposed to lay down for 20-25 minutes and there is a print out coming out of the machine and you can hear the heart beat the whole time. The heart beat is cool because unlike in America I've only heard hers twice the whole pregnancy and maybe for about 5 seconds each time so now I am getting 25 minutes. Very cool but it changes a lot so it freaked me out a little.
After about 30 minutes the nurse finally arrives back in the room and said baby is sleeping and looks pissed so I have to continue more time. To make a long story short I was making the nurse mad with my sleeping baby. Pablo had to buy me candy to try and wake her up with sugar and I ended up laying there for an hour and 15 minutes at least. Keep in mind that I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS BEING MONITORED AND WHY MY BABY HAS TO BE AWAKE. So with a nurse that is pissy and not telling me anything I'm thinking my baby is abnormal, dying, who knows what.
Finally my doctor says we have enough data and I have to go out and wait to see her. After waiting even more I finally go in a see her and she tells me everything looks good, weighs me, takes my blood pressure and I'm out, nothing more nothing less! I think I backed everything up with my sleeping baby and everyone was behind and stressed so I didn't get much information. So I must wait until next Tuesday I guess and hopefully it will be a little less stressful.
![]() |
| Hooked up |
![]() |
| Kit Kat time to get baby on a sugar high |


No comments:
Post a Comment