Tuesday, October 2, 2012

34 Weeks

It is October and I'm officially 34 weeks! My belly is continuing to grow and it's scaring me how big it just keeps getting.
I think we are in nesting mode and made good progress this last weekend organizing the baby room and our house. It is a slow process but little by little it is getting there. We hung a collage of our belly photos on the wall above the dresser/changing table. Then when baby is born we will change some out for pictures of her and us three and hopefully we can get one of us 5! (the big brothers of course!). My mom is bringing the wall stickers I randomly just bought when she comes so hopefully that will make the nursery cute. The room is super small but I think it is cute and hopefully will work out.
Right now I'm feeling good during the day but at night I get tired and my lower back and hips kill. I think baby had a growth spurt last week because she wasn't moving much and I was exhausted but this week she has picked up the movements and now I have some body part sticking out my right side.
Getting up out of bed or lying on the couch is a struggle and I feel like a whale. Also turning from side to side at night is also hard and a pain. My hips are killing me.
I've been keeping busy with my classes, limited schedule until the end of October. I am just doing class for my regulars and not taking any new students. Plus I'm lucky to be editing these last two months so that has worked out really well.
The weather has finally cooled down here and I'm able to wear the rest of my maternity clothes. There was a month or more, after we came back, that I only had three skirts and two dresses to wear. Now I can wear my jeans, leggings and sweaters! I think I kind of like just pulling up my jeans and not having any zippers or buttons. Maybe I'll wear these forever! haha. 
I'm a little overwhelmed by the weight gain in this last month. I am currently craving chocolate and sweets, which I have not craved before or ever had a big sweet tooth. I had a week of nutella obsession, which is never good! I like to think the huge baby I'm creating is guilty for most of the weight gain but the way I've been eating lately it is just not true. OOOPS!
We had a doctor appointment this week and everything looks good with baby and me so that is great. They said she weighs around 6 pounds already! That chocolate is fattening her up. Now the only appointments left are called monitors. I'm not really sure what that means but I go to the hospital now and they hook me up to monitors and make sure everything is ok....I'm guessing. While we are at the hospital we will hopefully take a tour so we can see what we have to look forward to while popping this baby out! It is coming to an end so quickly yet looking back I feel like I've been prego forever!
One wall decorated!
34 Weeks
The naked belly

1 comment:

  1. Kel! You look so cute! I was just thinking about you, so I was very happy to see a blog post with an update! I can't believe she'll be here in a month! :)

    ReplyDelete