Saturday, January 29, 2011

German Obsession

I think we have officially became obsessed with a German bar near our house. We were introduced to this bar by our teammates and neighbors Carol and Alberto. They invited us to go there for dinner and beer one night. After this night we've gone back twice and we love it. First of all, Pablo is already obsessed with all food German- beer and sausages. We have had a couple German parties in our house which consist of us buying German beer and sausages and then turning on the German channel and eating. (sounds a little freaky really) So to find a place, so close to home, that has 5 German beers on tap is a heaven for Pablo. For me, to find beer on tap that isn't Mahou, Cruzcampo or any other Spanish beer, which are all the equivalent to Budweiser, I'm in heaven. I miss me a good micro beer around these parts!
This restaurant also has good food and the best thing is the German pizza! I have no idea if Germany even really has their own pizza but this one is delicious and really bad for you. Basically it is pizza crust, with tomato sauce and cheese topped with many strips of BACON. Sounds gross really but it is so good. They have two options, with or without a fried egg on top. I won't even get started on my new found obsession with eggs. YUM!
On top of the good beer and good food is it is a neighborhood place so it isn't super crowded, always a place for us on Friday and Saturday night, the people are friendly and there is no smoking! I want to go right now! We love it!
Our half eaten bacon pizza and German beer

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fabulous! We will have to go when I come back to visit sometime! Do they have Erdinger? That's my fave german beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No erdinger....i know you introduced me and i love it. you can buy in the stores but its not on tap here. i miss the TAP!

    ReplyDelete