Saturday, June 5, 2010

Train Ride to Mieres

With half the American crew in tow, we headed up to Mieres on the train the Wednesday before the wedding. I've only ridden the train once before between Madrid and Mieres but I loved it. It is very relaxing, good views, bathrooms and bar cars. What more could you ask for?So I figured the Americans would love it just as much considering it was a 4 and half hour ride up north, and I think they did.
Everyone made it to the train station, on time and by themselves so that was great. Only problem was our train was about an hour late but we finally departed. Pablo and I packed lunches for everyone and we ended up spending most of the time in the bar cart drinking wine and catching up.
When we arrived in Mieres we walked to our hotel and gave the Americans the walking tour of Mieres as we passed through. We checked in everyone to their rooms and then headed to Pablo's parents house for dinner.
Pablo's mom had prepared a tapa feast for all of us with lots of wine of course. It was great to have my aunt and cousin see where Pablo grew up and meet the family. It was a good way to end the day.

At the train station
On the train


Pablo's parent's house


No comments:

Post a Comment