Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Dress has arrived!

Yesterday I saw my wedding dress for the first time since September! FINALY! When I came home in December for Christmas the plan was to wait here for my dress, get it altered and then head back to Spain. Of course I was told it could take up to 6+ months to get here but never thought it really would take that long. After the months went by and the constant nagging from Pablo- when are coming back, call the dress shop, ship it to Spain, why did you buy a dress there, I can't do any wedding planning without you here- I was getting pretty stressed. I even freaked myself out that the shop had ordered the wrong dress!
Thursday I finally got the call that my dress had arrived. I was pretty nervous to go see it and had red marks all over my chest- now I know this is a strong possibility for the wedding day so need to think about that! But when I tried it on it looked great- RELIEF!
It wasn't exactly how I remembered it because it was such a traumatic experience buying the thing but it all worked out.
I don't know if I have luck on my side but my dress fits me perfectly so no major alterations needed. Only a few adjustments and bustle and we are good to go.
Finally time to start looking for tickets to Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment