Monday, October 19, 2009

Date, Restaurant, Interview

We have finally decided on a wedding date, restaurant for the reception and have a date for our interview!! It was a long week last week trying to figure everything out but today things are finally falling into place.
Wedding date for Spain- May 22, 2010
Wedding Ceremony- City Hall of Mieres, 6pm
Reception- Latores Restaurante (close to Oviedo)
Inteview with Imigration- Wednesday, October 21st, 1:15pm
If you want to join us let me know! More the merrier!

Finding a restaurant that had openings in May and followed my strict list of necessities was hard to find. I think we both made a good comprise and if it doesn't rain it will be perfect!

I will explain a little of how it goes here in spain in terms of weddings. We are having a civil ceremony at the city hall in Mieres. Mieres is Pablo's hometown. Wedding ceremonies in Spain are usually either around 1pm or 6pm. If your wedding is at 1pm the reception is different than a night wedding. We are doing ours at night so here is how it goes. Guests meet at city hall at 6pm. We marry in the conference room of the city hall and apparently the wedding is 5 minutes long. I think we are only going to have family and real close friends join us because the room has a huge conference table in the middle and isn't really cute. But the building is cute and free so I'm going with it. After the ceremony we join our guest in the plaza of the city hall and there will be a bus to take all guests to the reception. There, guests will start the cocktail hour while we take pictures. There will be tons of appetizers, wine, sidra ect. After around 2 hours we will go inside to the dinning room for dinner around 9pm. There the menu- yet to be decided by us will start and probably last 3-4 hours! So much food is expected and delivered. If you don't provide a nice and huge meal people complain. No worries we will have a ton. Dinner will probably be 4 courses with dessert, coffee, liquors and then dancing will begin. When dancing starts so does the open bar so you can have your vodka tonics, rum and coke whatever. Our wedding will last until 4am and a bus will take guests back to Mieres.

That is the plan as of now and all depends really if we pass our Immigration interview! I'm not too worried about the interview but because I have no idea how it will be I am a little nervous. After our interview we have to have 3 witnesses go and talk with the people as well. 1 family- Pablo's mom and two friends. After all of that is complete they send our marriage request to Oviedo for processing and we should be set to go in 1 month!

Here are a few photos of where we are getting married and the reception!

City Hall in Mieres where we will be married


Stairs leading up to the hall where we'll marry

Wine to celebrate after we turned in our wedding papers

Reception site
Outside gardens
very spanish
This where cocktail hour is (if no rain!)

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! How exciting! Sounds like it is going to be an amazing wedding!! I can't believe how fast it is all coming along. I want more details so hopefully we can talk soon! miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun!!! you got your interview very quickly, i guess spain move faster than the us! congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! I wish that I could come...maybe I will put some personal days in....

    ReplyDelete