Last Friday I went to dinner with my basketball team to celebrate the holidays. In Spain it is very popular to plan dinners with every different group of friends you have during Christmastime. Some people have dinners with co-workers, hometown friends, city friends, family, soccer teams, basketball teams, neighbors- EVERYONE! And these dinners aren't cheap so if you have a lot of different groups of friends your weekends in December are packed, you gain at least 10 pounds, and you will probably spend at least 50 euros for each dinner (including the drinks when you go out for fiesta after!) Lucky for me I only have one group!
Anyway, my dinner was fun. It was a chance for me to see and meet all the girls, (5 pregnant and new moms that I haven't met yet), and talk to them since I normally just see them on the court and don't really say anything besides que?(what) and si. This dinner was just the girls, no husbands/boyfriends/kids, so it was a chance for me to have some much needed girl time and it was something I could do all by myself with out Pablo's help. We did secret santa so we all exchanged gifts, I got a planner/diary type thing- in english!
After dinner a few of us continued the party at another bar or two with a few adult beverages and dancing. I have to admit I was a good Spanish girl and didn't get home until 5am! And we left for Asturias, 4 hours in the car, at 1 pm. But I survived!
 |
| The team |
 |
| Me with Carmen and Bea |
 |
| Bea, Alba, Lorena and Yola |
 |
| Laura and Miriam |
 |
| Patricia, Marisa, Sara |
 |
| The tall girls- Carol and Marina |
 |
| Fiesta! |
It is really amazing to me that a lot of these girls are moms and some, a lot older than me, and they know how to play some basketball! They are good!! I want to be a cool, basketball playing mom! Alkie doesn't really appreciate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment